Phoenix Area Garage Doors Face Extreme Conditions
Homeowners living in desert climates understand that the heat and sun takes its’ toll on our roofs, patio covers, exterior paint, and garage doors. When garage door fails to open or close properly there is an urgency to have the garage door repaired quickly so vehicles can be parked inside and out of the damaging effects of the summer heat and elements. The good news is that the professional garage door repair contractors that are listed on your 123HELP app have made a commitment to provide emergency same day service to help fix broken garage doors.
The average garage door opens and closes 1,500 time each year. That’s a lot of activity and depending on the quality of the door and the maintenance it receives, a garage door in the Phoenix area will last for 15 to 20 years. However, some top-of-the-line garage door equipment manufactures claim their systems may last up to 30 years. Frequency of use and climate factors may say otherwise. With the heavy use and sometimes abuse that a garage door receives there are plenty of ways for a door to fail. Let’s examine several of the most common garage door problems you may encounter.
Garage Door Problems, Causes, and Remedies:
Garage Door Fails to Open or Close
- Often the electrical cords within the mechanism are damaged. The electricity supply to the mechanism will be cut off and the door will not automatically open or close.
- The electrical cord from the opener motor to the electrical source is unplugged.
- The opener may be in the locked position, or the electrical power circuit is off.
- The safety sensors may be out of alignment or obstructed.
- The pull cable is not attached.
- The remote controller may require new batteries or reprograming.
Most of the potential problem listed above can be checked by making visual inspection. As far as the remote controller is concerned you should test the stationary wall-mounted button to discover if it will operate the garage door. If it does, then the remote probably requires fresh batteries and perhaps it will need to be reprogramed. Unfortunately, there are other, more serious reasons why garage doors fail to open or close properly.
- Your garage door’s logic board is the brain of your garage door opener system, and it can wear-out over time. A faulty logic board can cause your garage door to close, then open (and vice versa) without explanation. This is the time for professional repair service, call an approved, licensed, and insured garage door repair company listed on your 123HELP app.
Door Partially Opens or Closes
- The torsion spring is giving out.
- The pull cable is slipping.
- Bearing and rollers are worn.
- The opener motor is no longer powerful enough.
The above items are generally the problems that should be left to the professionals to fix or replace. According to reports by National Garage Door Manufacture Associations the five most common types of garage door made by experts are:
- A broken garage door spring is one of the most common garage door repairs.
- Broken Cable Repair. Cables are an important part of your garage door system.
- Garage Door Panel Replacement.
- Bent or Broken Track Repair.
- Safety Sensor Alignment and repairs to remote controllers
When a garage door is broken it’s important to have it repaired promptly. When a door is stuck open your interior environment is compromised and so is your security. We hope this article has been helpful. We suggest that you read your garage door manual (or download one from the supplier). Learn and follow the maintenance and safety procedures. For additional consumer resource information about garage doors, please contact https://doors.org/garage-door-care/consumer-resources. If you are experiencing garage door problems of any kind, be sure to use the 123HELP App to quickly and conveniently locate competent help that you can trust to do the repair or replacement right.
Be sure to call a Garage Door Contractor that is approved by 123HELP .